Sunday, March 20, 2011

Before You Use A Pressing Comb For The First Time

" Franco won the war "by César Vidal.

Extensive work of this journalist and historian in line with current revisionist. The publisher is Booket, 2007 and has 625 pages. I read between 17 and 24 July 2009. The highlight of the book, in my opinion, is a sonnet by Antonio Machado included therein. Pag 365

.- A Lister, head of the armies of the Ebro

Your letter - oh noble heart in sailing, English
indomitable, strong grip! -
your letter, heroic Lister
comforts me this meat hanging in my death.

clamor in your letter reached me
holy fighting on the Iberian country,
also my heart has awakened
between odors of powder and rosemary.

Where announces marine snail
reaching the Ebro, and the cold rock
which springs that rébrica English.

From mountain to sea, this word from me:
"If my pen worth your gun captain
die happy."

0 comments:

Post a Comment